Full-Time Service Coordinator
The John Stewart Company is a full-service housing management, development and consulting organization that began in 1978 with a commitment to providing high quality service in the affordable housing sector. We work to enrich the lives of our residents and employees, while delivering our services cost‐effectively, efficiently and with the highest levels of professionalism, compassion, integrity and respect.
SUMMARY OF THE PROPERTY AND POSITION:
The Services Coordinator is responsible for the development and provision of supportive services and resident activities at Stevenson House. The person in this position is expected to help implement and advise the Property Manager on overall service needs of the project and community including but not limited to educational and social service programs and events, resident social functions and coordination of individual services through agencies and community volunteers, and other resident activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide resident population with current information on services, benefit programs and other resources available in the community for seniors
• Serve as liaison/advocate with outside social and health agencies
• Establish and work with residents’ to facilitate positive community relations
• Conduct ongoing schedule of established social and/or educational events
• Plan and facilitate special events
• Work with management team staff to ensure minimum disruption and coverage of scheduled events
• Work with the Property Manager to compose and produce monthly newsletter and events calendar. Distribute to staff and residents no later than the last working day of the preceding month.
• Post activity and informational flyers, posters and sign-ups to ensure maximum participation
• Track levels of resident participation for ongoing activities and social event
• Good interpersonal, listening and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be Mandarin speaking and possess ability to work will with multi-cultural and multi-lingual populations
• Demonstrated experience in support service area or related field. Experience with seniors preferred.
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent accredited degree or professional certification preferred
Email Resumes To: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The John Stewart Company (“JSCo”) provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, mental or physical disability, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by
federal, state, or local laws.