Full-Time Property Manager
At Hispanic Housing our vision is to provide affordable housing that people are proud to call home. In creating quality housing, a safe and stable environment, and by providing superior customer service, we help create part of the foundation that enables people to make a better life for themselves, their families, their neighbors, and communities.
We are seeking an experienced Property Manager to join our team and help us carry out our vision by overseeing a suburban multi-family development in Woodstock, IL. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who not only wants to make a difference in improving people’s lives but also wants to work for an established, fast growing company whose culture includes providing our team members an environment for learning and personal growth.
The property manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations including maintaining the property, tenant relations, marketing and leasing, contract administration and financial management as well as assisting with long-term planning at the property. The Property Manager will be expected to complete all management duties in a professional and timely manner and maintain the property to the highest industry standards. This individual oversees the supervision of on-site personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Supervises Maintenance staff and oversees the scheduling all maintenance work, approving schedules and conducting follow-up inspections of maintenance work.
– Ensures emergencies are handled promptly.
– Inspects site grounds daily, and approves “make-ready” status of vacant apartments.
– Oversees key control, and educates employees regarding safety and security.
– Prepares and updates emergency procedures plan.
– Recommends expenditures within budget allocations for physical repairs, replacement, and/or major improvements.
– Approves and processes invoices for payment according to company policy and in a timely manner.
– Implements and oversees compliance with all regulatory agency policies and Tenant Selection Plan requirements (i.e. Fair Housing and Occupancy compliance).
– Manages all aspects of marketing and leasing.
– Establishes networks with community services and responds to inquiries or complaints.
– Acts as a liaison and advocate on behalf of the residents to public and private agencies.
– Prepares and submits monthly reports to HHDC and regulatory agencies on a timely basis.
– Prepares payroll information and submits to Property Supervisor bi-monthly.
– Oversees all resident files are properly maintained to HHDC and regulatory agency standards.
– College degree in Urban Development or a related field preferred.
– Excellent ability to communicate with others, both orally and through writing.
– Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus, but not required
– Must have/obtain Leasing license, HUD Certifications and IREM ARM designation.
– 5+ years residential property management experience in affordable housing required.
– Computer literacy required; including working knowledge of MS Office Suite and property management software/systems preferred.
– Highly organized, strong time management and supervisory skills required.
– Vehicle, insurance and good driving record.
Salary commensurate on experience; excellent benefits including medical, vision, dental, 401K, paid vacation and more.
Apply at http://app.hireology.com/s/51851