Full-Time Maintenance Worker II
The Maintenance Worker II, is a “Non Exempt” position that is responsible for, and is not limited to, general and preventative maintenance and repair work in the care of homes, buildings, grounds, facilities, vehicles and other related equipment within the Green Acres and JPA property. This position also requires that all vehicles and maintenance equipment are maintained and operated in a safe and cost effective manner. Maintains records and secures facilities, equipment and vehicle repair service. Under direction, the individual will operate from established and well known procedures and guidelines to ensure that performance standards are met. Performs duties independently, but with guidance and direction by supervisor. Position involves a moderate to higher degree of complexity in dealing with recurring work situations with variations from the norm. Performs other repair and maintenance related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• General residential, grounds and miscellaneous maintenance practices and procedures.
• Industrial safety practices and procedures (EPA, OSHA, Fair Housing).
• Maintenance equipment operation and care.
• Various hand and power tools.
• Strong working knowledge of repair techniques and procedures (plumbing, electrical, paint, flooring, AC/Heating, carpentry, etc.).
• Vehicle operation procedures and safe operating practices.
• Strong Customer Service relations.
• Local government and environmental codes, building, landlord/tenant and fair housing laws.
• PC or Laptop with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Smartphone technology (email, phone calls, calendar and text).
• Follow directions.
• Ability to speak read and write English fluently.
• Use basic math skills.
• Attend training or education classes to improve professional knowledge and experience to provide qualified and skillful maintenance and repair practices and techniques.
• Read and interpret technical data.
• Read and implement Maintenance Manual for historic property.
• Represent the March JPA in a professional and courteous manner.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with residents, vendors and staff.
• Analyze problems and recommend course of action.
• Schedule and perform preventive maintenance.
• Work in a fast-paced and customer service oriented environment with quality output, accuracy and timing to meet all deadlines.
• Deal professionally and effectively with managers, staff and the public and work well with people.
• Maintain a level of confidentiality regarding resident’s complaints and conditions.
• Report unsafe or hazardous conditions or practices immediately to supervisor.
• Implement rules and regulations and policies and procedures.
Previous experience working in a multi-family capacity is preferred.
Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. At Least Two-Three Years of Related Work Experience
Licenses and Certificates:
1. Valid California Driver’s License.
• Perform various service requests, repairs, maintenance work or laboring work in residential and/or overall planning area.
• Work independently with minimal direction performing a wide variety of tasks.
• Maintain tools, vehicle, supplies, facilities and overall property in neat and orderly fashion.
• Provide On-Call and after-hour services when requested. Minimum 40 hours per week with weekends as circumstances warrant.
• Communicate with the Management team daily to review projects and ongoing repairs.
• Track inventory and supply garage and order additional supplies as needed or provide property management staff order form with inventory list.
• Complete daily workload or repairs and services accurately and efficiently with quality output.
• May make purchases of supplies and tools, as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires use of variety of hand and power tools, chemicals and paints. Requires periods of walking, standing, stooping, crawling, working in confined spaces or heights, and lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis; 100 pounds on an irregular basis (water heater, stove, dishwasher, etc.), climbing ladders. Regular attendance and punctuality is required and critical in accordance with established office hours, unless on-call or under special emergency conditions.