Full-Time Community Manager
Longmont Housing Authority
Position Open Until Filled
Position Title: Community Manager
Full Time Benefitted Position.
Job Summary: Community Manager performs on-site property management, leasing, compliance, and community relations for Longmont Housing Authority’s portfolio of section 8, tax credit, and affordable multi-family and senior housing under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager.
Position’s primary focus, responsibility, and office location will be at Spring Creek Apartments, a new senior housing property that will be opening in September 2016. This position is scheduled to work from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional nights and weekends in emergency or special situations.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to become a part of a progressive and rapidly growing organization. Longmont Housing Authority is committed to being the leader in the provision of affordable housing for the City of Longmont and is dedicated to hiring team members who: strive for personal professional excellence; uphold the highest standards of ethical behavior; serve the public and fellow team members with courtesy, enthusiasm, and dedication; and make a noticeable contribution toward a high standard of service that LHA provides to its community.
1. Property Management
• Manages property operations within accordance of all Federal, State, and Local Fair Housing laws.
• Manages traffic flow through the doors by vendors, residents, and guests; fields incoming calls and emails.
• Maintains accurate information in property management database (HAB, Inc).
• Reports building or grounds related issues to the maintenance team or appropriate vendor.
• Coordinates property meetings and participates in problem solving around property issues.
• Conducts inspections of common areas to ensure LHA’s Impression & Safety Standards are met.
• Enforces house rules, addresses and resolves property complaints.
2. Leasing Management
• Carries out First Impression Tours of the property and resident units.
• Manages leasing process from initial application and lease-up through move-out; maintains wait lists.
• Maintains detailed, neat, and accurate resident files and maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
• Carries out rent collection process according to LHA’s procedures, including data entry and rent rolls.
• Conducts inspections of resident units to maintain LHA’s Impression & Safety Standards.
• Processes renewals and re-certifications; processes lease terminations.
• Monitors and enforces lease violations; serves and follows-up on eviction notices.
• Certifies eligibility using federal, tax credit, and local program guidelines.
• Coordinates with the maintenance team to minimize turnover delays and costs.
• Works closely with all LHA departments, funding agencies, and local agencies when required.
3. Resident Management
• Fosters a welcoming and empowering resident culture.
• Adheres to LHA’s code of conduct; leads by example in all written/verbal communication with residents.
• Conducts orientations for new residents and initiates welcome wagon response.
• Coordinates all social and educational programming provided for residents.
• Receives and responds to all resident or public feedback in a timely, thoughtful, and diplomatic manner.
• Acts as resident liaison and mediates conflict.
• Acts as resident advocate and coordinates outside agency resources.
• Investigates disturbances and lease violations; reports suspicious or criminal activity to the appropriate law enforcement authorities to ensure the safety of the residents and property.
• Anticipates unsafe circumstances and acts accordingly to prevent accidents or injuries.
4. Compliance Management
• Performs complex calculations of assets, income, and rent payments for resident certifications.
• Performs computer data entry and correspondence for compliance as needed.
5. Assists in the supervision and training of Community Assistants as necessary.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of LHA.
Associates degree in business administration or related field and/or 5 years of progressively responsible property management experience. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook with a strong working knowledge of computers. Affordable housing program experience (HUD 202, LIHTC, Section 8). Critical thinking skills and attention to detail are essential for success in this position. Professional personal appearance and desire to continue building on skill sets. Valid Colorado driver’s license, good driving record and background check required.
Desired Experience, Knowledge and Qualities:
• Sensitivity and ability to relate to diverse populations.
• Demonstrated professional, courteous and effective communications skills; both written and verbal.
• Proven composure in difficult situations with the ability to manage and resolve interpersonal conflicts effectively.
• Ability to establish appropriate boundaries with residents and foster a healthy resident culture.
• Committed to providing excellent customer service in person and over the telephone.
• Ability to make sound independent judgments.
• Assumes responsibility for completion of a complex workload without immediate supervision.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work accurately with excellent math skills.
• Highly desired to be Bilingual English and Spanish, written and verbal.
This position works in an office setting requiring the ability to lift up to 20 pounds, occasional lifting, carrying, walking, bending and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity to operate personal computer and office equipment, vision acuity, speech and hearing. Ability to access all areas of the building for
required property inspections. Frequently uses standard office equipment including: personal computers, calculators, printers, fax and copy machines.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Range: $16.00-$21.00 per hour plus competitive benefits package.
Submit resume to Longmont Housing Authority at Stephanie@longmontha.com or 1228 Main Street, Longmont, CO 80501.
Longmont Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel in a manner that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or characteristic protected by law.